Setting up a Custom Domain can be beneficial you might wonder why?
This is because you can add your custom tactics and the custom strategies that you want on your Funnel.
And yes this is possible with ClickFunnels and to do this process you have to follow a strict set of rules to get the Custom Domain.
It can be complex but if you are familiar with ClickFunnels software then you might not need this guide.
So, in this article, we are going to discuss the method and different steps to create a Custom Domain.
It will be a step to step guide so that you won’t feel any consequences and hurdles while setting up a Custom Domain in ClickFunnels.
Set Up a Custom Domain in ClickFunnels
This process is comprised of three main steps and we will discuss all those steps in detail so stay tuned and read this article to the endpoint.
Step#1- Point your CNAME Record to ClickFunnels
CNAME is a name that you give to your Funnel and it is important for you to verify the custom name of your Funnel from ClickFunnels. This CNAME corresponds with the domain name that you select for your Funnel.
And to verify your CNAME you need to follow a few steps to get your name verified from ClickFunnels.
- After selecting your CNAME you need to visit https://www.whatsmydns.net to check the verification and authentication of your propagated name.
- Then you need to select the CNAME option from the drop-down menu selecting this will make sure that you want to check the Custom Name for your Funnel.
- Afterward, you need to type in the domain name in the search field and then click the search button for results.
- This will show you all your records.
- Then you need to check that the records are checked green and redirected or connected with ClickFunnels.
Step#2- Add and Verify Your Name and Domain
After you have checked that the CNAME records are verified and corresponded with ClickFunnels then you need to add that name and custom domain in your ClickFunnels.
But this also requires verification inside the ClickFunnels hence there are a few steps that you need to follow to add a Custom Domain and Name.
- First, you need to go to your ClickFunnels account settings.
- Then you need to select add a new domain.
- There you will see an option that will say “Add an existing domain” click that option.
- Afterward, you will add a name and domain to the click Add domain.
- This will redirect you on the next page and there you will click “I’ve done this step”.
- Then you will be navigated back to your domain settings there you will confirm the verification of your Custom Domain.
Step#3- Verify SSL on Your Custom Domain
SSL is extremely important when you are buying a domain, and when you select a prebuilt domain then the SSL is already verified hence you don’t need to go through the trouble of verification.
But when you are creating a Custom Domain then you need to go through this hassle of verifying the SSL for your Custom Domain.
There are a few steps that you will need to follow for certification of SSL for your Custom Domain.
- To do this you need to click on the three dots situated at the top right corner for more options.
- Then you will click Edit Funnel which will redirect you to another page.
- On that page scroll down until you come across the SSL option.
- Expand that option and click on “Check SSL”.